Thursday, May 26, 2011

MANDILLA's - A Face In Time

Pun(c)ution gallery presents, new work by Ms. Mandilla !

 (graphite on wood panel, 36" x 48")

"Embracing age in a world of botox and tummy tucks.  I choose to dive deep into the wearing age as a chronicle of a lifetime.  And question: when we re-make ourselves, are we revealing our true character, or are we stripping away our very identity?"

"While working on this series my curiosity grows every time I see someone wonderfully wrinkled with stories and those wrinkled with wisdom. I have a strong urge to hear the mystery's explained, I want to hear the conversations between those stiff wrinkles. In these portrait's I get to indulge in making up my own stories of each while confronting all the fears of aging."


Come out. Drink some drink. and Enjoy.

No comments: