Monday, May 9, 2011

Shabazz Palaces - City Arts

One thing I love about being on tour is the amount of time I have to myself to listen to music. During the three weeks we had with Mash Hall, I can tell you that we all were playing our favorites, our own music, and stuff that isn't even out yet.



The new Shabazz record definitely struck a chord with everyone in the van. I don't know the name of the song, but while driving, Darwin played one song like 8 times in a row. It's great to see the love these two have received and it's much deserved. Black Up, the band’s debut on Sub Pop, comes out June 28. Check this great cover story about Shabazz in this month's addition of City Arts HERE.

Here is "Lost Foundling" a song they dropped about a month ago for your listening pleasures.
Shabazz Palaces - Lost Foundling by subpop

No comments: